Monday, June 2, 2008

Can't Stop


So somehow, even though I knew June 1st was a Sunday (because it was my mom's birthday) and that M83 was playing on June 2nd, I had it in my head that M83 was playing Boston on a Tuesday. This is not the case. M83 is playing tonight and that means I'm wicked excited. I'm in full on Can't Stop mode, listening to as much M83 as possible before the show tonight. I've already listened to 4 of his 5 full lengths.

Sadly, even though I asked for the day off of work, I'm still working. This means I'll miss the two opening acts, Matters & Dunaway and Berg Sans Nipple. I'm OK with that because I've seen both of them before when they each opened for The Album Leaf on separate occasions and I'm in no hurry to see either of them again.

What is not OK is that I'll probably be standing in the back of the room, staring at everyone's heads because the show sold out and I will be getting there just before M83 goes on. Super shitty. That means no pictures. I shouldn't complain too much, though. I mostly have my eyes closed at shows no matter how close I am. And I'm going to see M83. So there's that.

I'm sure I'll post something about the show tomorrow or Wednesday. So check back and I'll let you know what it was like (prediction: awesome). Until then, here's the video for "Don't Save Us From The Flames," although the beginning of it could just as easily be for Teen Angst.

UPDATE: The dudes from Matters & Dunaway have brought to my attention the fact that they never opened for The Album Leaf. How embarrassing. My sincerest apologies guys. Together, we put out brains together to help me remember who it was that I saw them open for. It was when they played TT's with Drop The Lime and Kid 606. Not The Album Leaf. Not Mono (my second guess). But with the Tigerbeat founder himself. Whoops.

3 comments:

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

that video is really..... black and soundless.

Christine said...

So, was it everything you hoped it would be and more?

Anonymous said...

We opened for the album leaf??? Cool site :)