Saturday, October 11, 2008

MP3: Bob Ostertag - w00t (Contra Excerpt)


Bob Ostertag - w00t (Contra Excerpt)








I know this is old but bear with me for a second here. I wasn't just like, "Oh, I never wrote about Ostertag's w00t so I should do that now." Not that that's a bad thing. But, well, whatever. Here we go.

I was surfing some netlabels, found a sweet netlabel blog (Netlabels Noises), and somehow ended up on Bob Ostertag's website where I found (and downloaded) a bunch of his older stuff and I was like, "Oh, I totally forgot about that w00t mp3 I have." So I listened to it again and realized how cool it is.

Instead of making regular 8-bit music from old Game Boy or NES consoles, he decided to sample the actual music and sound effects from various games, mash it up, and make it awesome. The whole thing is one long 50 minute track of video game chaos.

I had a favorite part, though, and thought I should edit that out and post that instead of the whole thing. So here it is. The part from w00t comprised entirely of Contra sounds. It is utter fucking mayhem and I love it. It makes me wish Contra actually sounded like that because then I'd probably play it daily instead of weekly.

If you're interested in listening to all 50 minutes of w00t, you can download it for free here. Also, at that same link, Ostertag lists the titles of games he used to create the song.

1 comment:

buy poxet 60 mg online said...

poxet 60 mg Tablet is used to treat premature ejaculation in adult men. it is used to improve control over ejaculation and increase the time interval before ejaculation occurs during intercourse, for men with persistent or recurrent PE.