Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surprise!



I'm going on the yearly trip to Elise's uncle's cabin in Maine. I'll be gone for a while so, as usual, I made a mix for myself to listen to on my trip and for you to listen to while I'm partying. The "Surprise!" isn't, "Surprise! I'm going on vacation." It's more like, "Surprise Elise! I made a mix for you." She left for the cabin before me to hang with her parents, so I made this for her. And for you. Get it?

It's got some great fucking stuff on it and is very appropriate for a few days in a secluded, forested, cabin by the lake. Some banjos, Tuvan throat singing, an accapella Who cover, outsider weirdness, chill acoustic tunes, and good old fashioned garage rock. Everything should be right up your alley.

Surprise! Mix
Beach House - D.A.R.L.I.N.G.
Nathan Bell - Devil's Breath
Moondog - Chant
Hella - Biblical Violence
The Modern Lovers - I Wanna Sleep In Your Arms
Mugison - Murr Murr
Pete Seeger - Devilish Mary
The Dodos - Acorn Factory
Ilyas Ahmed - Out Again
The Monks - Higgle-Dy-Piggle-Dy
Jeffrey Lewis & The Junkwayd - Good Old Pig, Gone To Avalon
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Walk, Don't Run
Huun-Huur-Tu - Eki Attar
Petra Haden - Relax
Neil Young - Guitar Solo, No. 2
Marissa Nadler - Little Hells
Manu Chao - Lagrimas De Oro

No comments: